Invacare Platinum Mobile Oxygen Concentrator Review
The fact that one depends on supplementary oxygen regularly does not preclude one from being active and enjoying his or her life. Invacare appears to be a trailblazer in the medical products business with portable oxygen concentrators that promote active lifestyles for customers at home or in long-term care in hospice care, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities. Since 1885, Invacare has been manufacturing medical equipment such as electric wheelchairs, walkers, and adjustable beds, and its name was coined from the company’s focus on innovation, value, and healthcare.
This review is going to introduce the Invacare Platinum 10 portable oxygen concentrator, exploring its features, pros, cons, and features. Let’s keep reading.
How does it work?
Patients with respiratory problems who require supplemental oxygen utilize the Invacare Platinum oxygen concentrator. This unit is not designed to maintain or sustain life.
The oxygen concentration produced ranges from 87% to 95.6%. Through the use of a comfortable nasal cannula, oxygen is supplied to the patient.
The oxygen gas output is produced by the Invacare Platinum concentrator using a molecular sieve and pressure swing adsorption technology. Ambient air is drawn into the device, filtered, compressed, and directed toward one of two nitrogen adsorbing sieve beds.
Concentrated oxygen is subsequently passed into an oxygen reservoir and given to the patient at the other end of the active sieve bed.
What Features make the Invacare Platinum 10 special?
- Invacare SensO2 Oxygen Purity Sensor: This feature keeps track of the oxygen purity generated by the oxygen concentrator. If the purity goes below the factory-set criteria, the indicator lights on the control panel will light up.
- Compatible with the Invacare HomeFill Oxygen System: With this, you will be able to refill your oxygen cylinders.
- Battery-free power-loss alarm for added peace of mind.
- User-preferred neutral color to help blend into any home environment.
- Three separate filters to assure oxygen purity.
Size and Weight
The Invacare Platinum 10 oxygen concentrators measure 18 3/8 inches ± 3/8 inches (46.7 cm ± 1 cm) in width, 26 3/8 inches ± 3/8 inches (67.0 cm ± 1 cm) in height, and 14 3/8 inches ± 3/8 inches (36.5 cm ± 1 cm) in depth. And weighs about 53 pounds ± 2 pounds (24.0 kg ± 1 kg).
Maintains a sound level at about 58 decibels.
87% to 97.6% of oxygen at 2L to 10L/min
The flow rate of the Platinum 10 ranges between 2 to 10L/min. If the flow rate on the flow meter reading falls below 1L/min for more than one minute, The Potential Obstruction Alert will be activated (Low flow alarm). This is the audible rapid alarm beeping.
Check for blocked or kinked tubing, as well as a malfunctioning humidifier bottle, in your tubing or attachments. The Potential Obstruction Alert will be turned off once the rated flow has been restored to 1L/min.
When compared to the Platinum XL 5-liter concentrator, the Platinum 10 can deliver up to 10 LPM for high-flow patients and has only 10 parts. It features a spring-mounted compressor, only four cabinet screws that may be removed for service, a top handle, and a side-access door for both the inlet filter and diagnostics.
- Standard Adult Nasal Cannula
- Standard Humidifier
- HomeFill Home Oxygen Compressor
- Oxygen Supply Tubing 7 ft (2.1 m)
- Oxygen Supply Tubing 21 ft (6.3 m)
- Oxygen Tubing Connector
How to Operate Invacare Platinum 10?
After unpacking your unit, you should follow the steps to set it up:
- Plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Connect your humidifier (if prescribed).
- Insert a flathead screwdriver in the plate grove on the top edge of the filter access door and gently pry the filter access door off.
- Pull up and remove the humidifier bottle adapter.
- Attach the humidifier bottle to the humidifier bottle adapter by turning the wing nut on the humidifier bottle counterclockwise until it is securely fastened.
- Attach the humidifier bottle/adapter tube to the oxygen outlet connector on the concentrator.
- Attach the patient’s nasal cannula supply tube to the humidifier bottle outlet.
- Ensure that oxygen is flowing through the nasal cannula.
- Replace the filter access door on the side of the connector by snapping it back into the plate groove.
Is there a Warranty?
Invacare offers a 3-year warranty for the device.
5 reviews for Invacare Platinum Mobile Oxygen Concentrator Review